Monday, June 11, 2012

Fingers Crossed

Last Saturday afternoon, my home phone rang. Caller ID confirmed it to be Princess' bio's house number. Phone rang four times, machine picked up, no message was left. Five, or maybe 10, minutes later, the phone rang again; same number. This time, a message *was* left, by her SM... something along the lines of "Hi, C*****. Your sisters miss you and would like you to call them back. They also love you." (a) She doesn't use that nickname anymore; which you'd know if any of you had made any effort at all in the last 4 1/2 years. (b) I find the timing (just three days after Princess told her bio she didn't want him at graduation because he makes her uncomfortable; thinking he's going to abduct her again) "interesting", to say the least. And, (c) Manipulative, much? Using your 3yo & 7yo to get to my kid? Nice... When she finally returned from her weekend 'o fun with her friend (after 8p on Sunday!), I shared the message with her. She rolled her eyes and said, "Seriously? I'm not calling them back... You know J**** only called to get my sisters to ask to come to my graduation. I hope my father realizes that when I said I didn't want *him* there, I meant his WHOLE FAMILY!! They better not show up at the party, either!" Well, sweetie, I hope so, too...

No comments:

Post a Comment