Thursday, November 24, 2011

Giving Thanks...

Some years, it's difficult to come up with anything to be thankful for. Some years, I have a LONG LIST. This year, I decided to blog it:

1. My friends, old & new.
2. My animals; two of which have health issues, but they're still here.
3. My home; paid off completely four years ago, and almost done being upgraded.
4. My career, the success I'm having with it, & the flexibility it gives me for home life.
5. My clients, old & new.
6. My SKs. Gamerboy is (slowly but surely) maturing into a responsible adult. Squeeks has such plans; we just continue to offer support.
7. My husband. We've been through some crap, I'll tell you. But, he's my rock, and he works very hard to make sure we're well taken care of. He's working today, even, because working today gives him Christmas off.
8. My daughter. In her 12 years of life (so far), she's had some terrible things happen to her; things no one should ever have to go through. In spite of everything, she is happy, healthy, and very loved; and she knows it.
9. Food on my table. There are a lot of people who go hungry. I am not one of them.
10. My health, and that of those around me.
11. My beautiful nieces, Bug & Firefly. Those two continue to amaze me. They are smart, and oh so sweet to each other, and adore their cousin!
12. My mother. She is way too nosey, smothers my daughter (& me) at times, & pisses me off on a regular basis... but (especially after her health scare a couple months ago) I realized recently that life without her in it would never be the same.
13. My parents. My dad & smom are wonderful people. They raised us to be self-sufficient, independent, loving, & responsible people. We all have become successful because of their gentle pushes during our childhood.
14. The rest of my family -- "adopted", married-in, &/or birthed. MWAH!
15. Facebook -- for helping me to find lost friends and family I didn't even know existed.

Now, eat, drink, and love on your family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment