Thursday, November 17, 2011

Do I HAVE to?

Every year for the last few years, Princess hasn't really want to send her bio anything for his birthday. And, every year, about a week before, I always remind her that it's coming up. I ask if she wants to make a card or buy one from the store. Most of the time, she chooses to buy one.

She will spend time looking at the "dad birthday" cards, rejecting each & every one of them because they're almost all either sappy or about "what a great dad you are"... She barely even tolerates getting him a card; she's not about to lie with its message. So, she wanders to the "funny birthday" card section.

This year, I took her to Target (two days ago)... same scenario. She actually wanted to buy one that was a belated greeting, but I said no. And, since she cut it so close, I had her sign it, address it, & get it in the mailbox asap. He should get it today (his actual birthday). It's called Doing The Right Thing (something a lot of others have a problem doing).

No comments:

Post a Comment