I recently unfriended and blocked a fellow nail tech... Not because of anything nail related, but because of her answer to this question (posed by a fellow nail tech): "If you could rid the world of one thing, what would it be?" Her answer was "Atheists, because they are the worst evil in this world..." Um, what?!? Of all the things wrong with this world, THAT'S what you chose?!? Ugh...
The only thing that can be said of *ALL* atheists is that we DO NOT believe in any god... that's it. Everything else is separate and individualized. You saying "All atheists..." is the same as me saying "All Christians..." I actually say that I am an atheist, a humanist, a feminist, and so much more. That being said, I am a huge fan of what the Satanic Temple stands for (please check out their website for more information; yes, even you Christians... because most of you have been misled as to what that is, and continue to be fearful of them).
Interesting & informative article... and a reminder that the Satanic Temple DOES NOT WORSHIP SATAN!
And, if you don't want to read the whole article, here are the seven tenets mentioned --
1. — One should strive to act with compassion and empathy towards all creatures in accordance with reason.
2. — The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.
3. — One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.
4. — The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo your own.
5. — Beliefs should conform to our best scientific understanding of the world. We should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit our beliefs.
6. — People are fallible. If we make a mistake, we should do our best to rectify it and resolve any harm that may have been caused.
7. — Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word.
I have no idea why some religious people are afraid of this "Religion" (obviously, they have not done their homework on it); it's much better than the rules most other faiths try to push... and hey, no threats of eternal damnation (man-made creation as that is).