Thursday, November 6, 2014

It's Only Fitting...

This is my 200th blog post. I know that because within this blog system, I have a bunch of stats available to me. This includes:
(1) Overview -- This one gives me a stats overview; including but not limited to number of page views, comments awaiting post, traffic sources, etc. If I want specific details, I can click on any of the other options below it, and those go into more detail.
(2) Posts -- This one tells me the name of my post, gives me the option of "view", "edit", "preview", or "delete". It also tells me how many people have viewed my post.
(3) Pages -- I don't use this one, so I'm not sure what it's for.
(4) Comments -- Shows me all my Published, Awaiting Moderation (since I have it set to approve comments before posting), and Spam.
(5) Google + -- gives me more options for connecting.
(6) Stats -- This one's my favorite. It shows me how many page views I have every day/week/year/all time, exactly where my page views are coming from (traffic sources -- by browser, country, and operating system), audience, a graph of views, and which specific posts were recently looked at). This is how I know Wildebeest is still reading my blog...
(7) Earnings -- I don't use this, either.
(8) Campaigns -- I don't use this...
(9) Layout -- This one is fun; change where all your info boxes are, plus boxes to free-write info.
(10) Template -- Changes the look of your blog; I use this one seasonally-ish.
(11) Settings -- I could change it to private view, or by invite only... but that's no fun, is it?

I know a lot of people are very private about stuff, but that's not me. I'm open & honest; if you want to know something, I'll generally tell you (unless I've been sworn to secrecy or something). I blog because writing old-school hurts my hand... and I like to share. I have a good life, a great husband, cool kids & animals, and a career I wouldn't give up unless I had to. If reading about my life bothers you, you have the option to stop reading. But, I'm not going to stop writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment