Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Good Deeds

It occurred to me, after writing yesterday's blog, that I should address my daughter's good deeds. So many people have asked, "Where do you find volunteer opportunities?" The answer? EVERYWHERE! Start with your local newspaper or online. Ask your church, your club, your school. Heck, if you want, you can organize your own! Princess, with the help of my mother, has been volunteering in many different ways since she was little. This year, she made a promise to herself that she would do at least one volunteer job every month. In January, they did a neighborhood cleanup. In February, they filled food boxes at the local food bank. Last month, she helped serve snacks & drinks after church. This month, she did two -- a SOLV-sponsored cleanup & replant at her school, and feeding the homeless at my mother's church's shelter (now open year round). Next month, she's planning on once again serving at the church. I am, however, asking YOU for suggestions for the rest of the year...

No comments:

Post a Comment