Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

Ok, I know I'm running a little late on this one; I fully intended to get it written & finished by yesterday (Monday) morning, but as usual, life had other plans... So, here it is, better late than never:

Twelve years ago, while I was pregnant with Princess, I got to celebrate my first Mother's Day as a mom. Obviously I've celebrated many Mother's Days, as I have not one, but TWO moms. But, this was the first one where I was spoiled. I don't remember all the details but I do remember MG was good to me that day.

Over the years, Princess has made or bought (or both) me at least three presents every year. Ace (her Papa) has encouraged her to think of things I would like her to do (not necessarily buy). She's also done something in school every year. My mother, since she lives close by, likes to spend part of the day with us, so I usually end up having brunch with them both.

Saturday, we got to sleep in (a rare thing on a Saturday). I had one client at noon, so mom took her to the Keen store for walking sandals (something she can use in or out of the water this summer), then we had lunch and headed to her game. Princess had volunteered to do "coffee service" at my mom's church on Sunday, so that meant that after her soccer game, she went back to "Mimi's". They made seven dozen sugar cookies (tulips), and on Sunday, after the service, they served them, along with lemonade, tea, & coffee.

I picked them up at 1215p, and we headed to the M.A.C. (where my mother is a member) for brunch. There, Princess gave me two of the gifts she made me this year -- a really cool card and a piece of pottery. She left the third at Mimi's, which we picked up on our way home. While they were making the tulip cookies, she also made me (hand-shaped) M O M and three pairs of feet, complete with toenail polish! She said to me, "You can share the feet, but you have to eat the mom by yourself." lol

When we got home, Ace & I left her to dust (he'd already vacuumed and done the dishes while we were having brunch) while we went to Lowe's, Target, & Safeway. Then, she insisted on helping her Papa make dinner (including the marinade for the steaks, of course), and cleaned up after. Before heading to bed, she crawled up onto the couch with me and asked, "Mom, did you like your Mother's Day?" I gave her a big hug and answered, "The best ever."

No comments:

Post a Comment