Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Year == Some Changes Around Here

A few days ago, I made a couple of comments inquiring about the health of Princess' new cousin, Liam (you'll remember -- the cousin that NO ONE told Princess she even had, so I did?) on another of her cousin's profile page on Facebook. A few minutes after, I get a notification that she had "Liked" my second comment, but when I went to view it, I saw that I could no longer comment or "Like" anything... so I went to her main profile page, and realized that I had been deleted.

So, I sent her a message asking why. There were some back & forths via PM; she basically was telling me that "some"one was giving her flack for my comments. When she said, "They're great people...", I about lost it. "Great people", I said, "wouldn't make you choose between two sides of THE SAME family." To which, she replied, "They're not making me choose..." blah blah blah... and something about "they're my family."

Really?!?! They're your "family"? What about Princess? She's not your family anymore? "Divorce is hard," she said... Yeah, it is. But the harder part is what comes after; when alliances are drawn. Princess didn't choose to be a child of a split family. She didn't choose to be kidnapped by her father & stepmother. She didn't choose to lose all the trust she once had for people who are supposed to care about her, and do what's best for her.

She didn't choose to walk away from anyone... But, EVERY. SINGLE. G******* family (& I use the term in its loosest form) member did! For the last four years, I've tried to maintain some semblance of contact with them. I've had Princess send birthday cards, holiday cards, photos of herself, & make the occasional phone call. I've sent emails, telling multiple "family" members about some of her activities, thinking that, just once, someone she actually wants there will come to something. I've made ALL the effort, they've made NONE!

But, one by one, they all have turned their backs. Some have stated, "I just don't want to get in the middle..." or "I just don't know who to believe..." Well, guess what? As the old RUSH song goes, "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice." By not taking a stand and fighting for what's right, you've made your choice. It is clear to me, and to Princess, that none of them want anything to do with her.

I am tired of knowing just how much that side of her family upsets her. I am tired of trying to maintain the "family" connections that no one else seems to care about doing. I am tired of seeing her shaking every time she thinks her father may show up to some event of hers ('cuz she thinks he may take her again)... I'm done being saddened & disheartened by the cold hearts of those people.

I've said it before, but I think it bears repeating: You All Suck. Go Away. Leave Us Alone. It's a new year, and we're making some changes around here... I'll say this again, too: Let us have her; permanently. Stop hanging on by a thread that she doesn't want, anyway. Ace is her dad in her heart, and if you're being completely honest with yourselves, you'd admit that. We're done trying to make you do the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment