Monday, August 30, 2010

Inspection Fail

Last week, the range and range hood were completely installed. All the cabinet innards went in and all the handles were placed, but when the inspector came through, he "failed" us because we were short ONE outlet. Since the fridge must be on its own, we need one more to the right of the stove (above where we have moved our 4-drawer piece).

Today marks six weeks since the day construction started. I am happy with the time frame; Ace, not so much (but, then again, he has no prior construction experience, and I do -- I tried to warn him...). The good news: Everything installed works fantastically. I'm not sure which is my favorite appliance -- the new range, the range hood, or the sink unit! The bad news: the "checklist" won't be gone over until this Thursday, with a finish date another week out. I think I can live with that.

If any of you would like to see photos of the finished kitchen (or perhaps "before" and "after" photos), let me know; I'll email them to anyone I know who doesn't have Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment