Tuesday, February 2, 2010

For Your Reading Pleasure

I thought I'd post the letter from my attorney to B.D., for your reading entertainment:

"Dear Mr. G****** -- As a preliminary matter, it is my understanding that you are not currently represented by an attorney in this matter. If you are represented by an attorney, please forward this letter to your attorney and forward his or her contact information to my office.
I write to address the ongoing issue with the payment on uninsured expenses. Enclosed with this letter is a copy of the check you forwarded to Ms. G******-K**** for reimbursement of M*******'s eye doctor appointment. As you can see, this check has been voided. As you recall, this issue has been addressed before, February 2007, and it is unfortunate that I must become involved again
The check you sent Ms. G******-K**** was not acceptable, and inaccurate. The dollar amount you listed in the box and the amount hand written on the line beneath her name were different ($32.50 versus thirty two and 00/100). Second, her name was misspelled on the check "D*** G*******-Kuntz".

What should be a relatively easy process should not require the involvement of an attorney or potentially the Court. Under the Court order, you are required to reimburse Ms. G*******-K**** for the uninsured expenses. For the most part, she has not even bothered you with all of the expenses for which you should reimburse her. This expense, however, must be reimbursed. Therefore, we propose the following options:
1. Come by my office and exchange the voided check for a new, properly executed and formatted check payable to Ms. G*******-K**** and in the correct amount.
2. Come by my office and exchange the voided check for cash that will go to Ms. G******-K**** to reimburse her for the expense, OR;
3. Send a properly formatted and executed check to Ms. G*******-K**** so that she can properly cash the check and be reimbursed for her expenses. I will keep the voided check here. Once Ms. G*******-K**** receives the new check, you can pick up the voided check or we can dispose of the voided check.
Please respond no later than February 5, 2010 with your response.
I hope there is a way we can resolve this matter without further burdening the Court and wasting the time of both parties. Your immediate attention to this matter is appreciated.
M*** B*****"

Of course, true to form, B.D.'s wife changed their joint profile page less than three hours later (I have a couple of friends who regularly check both this one and her own, so I don't have to) to read, "M*** and I are just ROFLOAO over someone spending time and money on a unimportant honest mistake! Hilarious!!!" You can tell how uneducated she is... "a unimportant"? LOL! Oh, and "honest mistake" my ass... I know of no honest thing she's ever done or said. That simple fact that she is laughing about it, instead of responding to my attorney with an apology &/or a promise for actual reimbursement, tells you just how childish and immature she really is.

Friday is the 5th... the day B.D. has to respond to my attorney's office as to his intention to reimburse me for this current debt. Let's see what happens now, shall we?


  1. Good luck with this. Hopefully they'll do the smart thing, but something tells me that may not happen...

  2. If I were holding my breath, I'd have passed out from oxygen deprivation a long time ago...