Tuesday, March 10, 2015

My Own Top Ten...

Top Ten FaceBook annoyances...

10. Comments on a status/post that have nothing to do with original post. For instance -- I post this status: "Went to get gas today, and got 53c off my gas... only paid $1.98!" and someone comments: "Hey, did you get my text? I'm going to need to reschedule lunch tomorrow..." Um, what?!?! STOP! Seriously, you can either PM me (for more private messages) or post that directly on my page (for more general, or no-need-for-privacy messages).
9. Comments on a photo album that are specific to one or two photos (usually when this happens, it's because pics were just added to an album). STOP! Seriously, you can just do one more thing - click on the actual pic you want to comment on - and post it there.
8. Vaguebooking. If you want to share something, do so. If you don't, don't. But, please stop leaving crytic statuses, making everyone ask "What's wrong?" or "What's up?!?"
7. Too many political &/or religious posts. I get it you're pro/anti-Obama, birth control, ISIS, Gaza, Hilary, waterboarding, abortion, etc... but if statuses/posts about these two subjects are the ONLY thing you post, you're annoying people. FaceBook is meant to get personal, so please... share some personal stuff too! I don't even mind the cute kids/pets posts, or the food pics sometimes! Like a lot of things in life, I think what you post on FB should be done in moderation. I know what you're thinking... you're thinking, "Hey; I have the right to post whatever I want..." Yes, you do. And, we all have the right to delete &/or block you.
6. "Liking" your own posts.
5. Posts for a specific area that are posted for someone's whole Friends' list to see. For example: "Does anyone have a recommendation for a good daycare?" Um, yeah... but you live in Florida and I live in Oregon. So, a very simple remedy is to take an extra couple of minutes, and limit your audience (use the button at the bottom/right of your status box to limit who sees posts).
4. Pics posted without some sort of description or reason you posted it. For instance: Friend "S" posts a pic of the inside of a bag of chips. Um... what? Why? What does that even mean? Why did you post this? Side note - just because you tag someone doesn't mean they are the ONLY one who sees that post. If you only want THEM to see it, post it on THEIR page.
3. Pages set as Profiles. If it's for you, personally, make a Profile. If it's for your business, make a Page. It also annoys me when Pages, set as Profiles, comment personally on other Profiles. FaceBook actually discourages doing this, and if they find out, they will delete the page... If you're logged on as your business, you should only be posting under your professional persona.
2. Hoax posts/reposts. It literally takes 10s to do a little research...
1. Spelling & grammar issues, and text-speak (like "ur" and "2" instead of "your" and "to"). In this day & age, you should have the ability to run a spell-check (they even make grammar-check) and proof-read your posts before hitting that "POST" button! I don't care if you're dyslexic or just lazy... there are no excuses! And, before you get all bent out of shape, I'm not talking about uncommon things... I'm talking about normal, day-to-day, stuff like to/too/two, there/their/they're, etc.

This is, by no means, an all-inclusive list... and I'm sure my annoyances are not yours, so feel free to comment what yours are. I'd love to read those!

No comments:

Post a Comment