Thursday, August 21, 2014

Interesting Developments...

Seems MB got another message from MG... Friday, August 16th (a full two weeks after the date we gave him -- in the last email message -- to get the signed consent to RP's office), just after midnight. In it, he stated, "I still have not heard anything back in regards to the adoption papers. Please advise as to where we stand. Thank you. This is my 3rd unanswered email." Just like MB, I was flabbergasted and extremely confused. At first, MB & I thought maybe this is just the latest in the long line of stall tactics. But, remember: I've already been in contact with an agency, and started the process for collections on the attorney fees judgments.

I got to thinking, though... What if whomever is sending MB's emails to MG (his assistant or one of the paralegals) still was using MG's old email address (the one he shared with Wildebeest; he changed emails about 3 or 4 months ago, right about when my attorney's boss moved their offices...). I hadn't been CC'd on some of the more recent correspondence, so I didn't know for sure, but asked MB to look into it.

In the meantime, that afternoon, I asked him to take the letter from the end of July with the Aug 1st "return date" on it, make sure the email address was correct, change a couple of minor things, and give him until THIS Friday. Later that same Friday, I got paperwork from DCS in the mail, asking for any information I had regarding all MG's names used, addresses, phone numbers, social security number, employment, spouse & children, military, property, etc. They are opening a contempt case against him because of the child support arrears. No idea if anything will come of it, but I filled it out and put it in Saturday's outgoing mail.

The revamped letter went out to MG on Tuesday (email & snail mail this time). Then, to everyone's surprise, JC (RP's paralegal) sent a message to MB & me yesterday afternoon that MG showed up at the office and had her notarize his signature on the consent. We are not done, yet, as he still has to wait (as do we) for the adoption to be finalized (hoping RP can push it forward quickly), but for now, I will be calling the collections agent tomorrow and asking them to temporarily halt proceedings (Child Support will continue their path until this is done; there is no "calling them off"). RP gets back from her travels Monday, so we'll proceed then.

Keep your fingers crossed, people (Ace, Princess, & I are crossing fingers but not holding our breath).

No comments:

Post a Comment