Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Fickle Beast...

As in "Time is a fickle beast". That word, I swear, is going to kill me. I have updates regarding Princess & her spring sport, B.D.'s shenanigans, kitchen & flooring, and summer plans. But, first, I am leaving. I'm leaving my husband and my children, and I'm going to Chicago.

As you should know, my two older sisters, my mother, and myself go on a "girls' trip" every year. This year, it happened to work out better for all of us to go in early summer, instead of in the fall. For me, that means Princess had no school, no activities, no appointments. It's not that Ace can't get her to these things; of course he can... and does. It's that, with me being gone, it's a whole lot easier for him if (a) he's home (on "vacation" himself) and (b) he can focus on spending quality UNstructured time with her.

In this case, he also has his own two children; they're here for the first part of our summer parenting time (they'll be here through the 4th of July holiday weekend). While I'm gone, they'll be working on clearing out their rooms of junk they don't need &/or they've outgrown and mowing & edging the yard. I am leaving my car here, as well, because my birthday present from Ace is tinted windows!

I leave at, as my dad likes to say, "zero dark thirty" on Thursday morning, and return the evening of my birthday: Tuesday, June 22nd. Scheduled, so far, is a Cubs game, visit to mom's hometown, visit with mom's brother & his wife (perhaps their "boys", too?), a boat tour &/or a hop-on-hop-off tour, and (of course) true Chicago cuisine! Mom has also set up a "Chicago Greeter" for us to do a short walking tour.

Next time I check in with you, I promise to tell you all about our trip to the Windy City!

1 comment: