* Got up the same time as Ace, made coffee, got dressed, packed car, and left.
* Got to airport 1 1/2 hrs before flight.
* Played cards with Princess & hung out 'til flight.
* Landed earlier than expected.
* Found HOTEL SHUTTLES just fine.
* Was asked what hotel, gave hotel name, was told to wait.
* Got on shuttle, road over an hour out of our way, north, into the city -- right hotel, wrong location (they really should ask "which one"!).
* Was returned, at no cost, to actual hotel, to eat lukewarm IN 'n OUT burgers.
* Was given rough time by brother & sister & mom.
* Took a walk toward the park nearby, but detoured along a walking/biking path instead.
* Spent rest of afternoon chillin' & visiting.
* Switched rooms so that East Coasters & Cali folks could be closer.
* Had dinner with mom, Princess, Bug, Mer & her kids at hotel restaurant.
* Chilled in room 'til I got a text from D, asking for assistance with Firefly (Bug was already asleep).
* Sent D on her way, got Firefly to sleep, and watched a little t.v. while Princess read until D got back.
* Woken up by Bug "being quiet" while mom got showered & ready for the day. Mom then took her down to breakfast downstairs.
* Princess & I were allowed to sleep 'til 830a, and Bug brought me my mocha.
* Got dressed & ready for a day in the city, checked in with T & D, figured out transit schedules with mom, and headed out.
* Shuttle to airport, BART to Powell St, cable car to Fisherman's Wharf.
* Sudden stop on cable car in the middle of a street when some @$$ decided to run the light. Those wooden brakes do NOT smell good.
* Wait for a push (literally). Got going again...
* Lunch at Cioppino's.
* Bay Cruise around Alcatraz.
* Shopping & ice cream at Pier 39.
* Window shopping at a few more places (actually, I bought only hats for Princess, Bug, and myself) on our walk back to the cable car station near Ghiradelli Square.
* Cable broke at some point near the station, so we were let off 9 1/2 blocks away. Shuttle was coming, but mom didn't want to wait.
* Walked about 1/2 block before mom decided Bug was too slow, so she picked her up.
* Three of those 9 blocks were uphill. My left calf hurt for three days.
* Stopped at Cable Car Cafe http://www.yelp.com/biz/cable-car-cafe-san-francisco for dinner.
* Hopped back on BART. Got to the airport, learned Princess's father had called, so had Princess call him back while we changed Bug, and used the restroom.
* Hotel shuttle back to hotel.
* Checked in with T & D.
* Bug decided she wanted to sleep in our room (originally with Princess, but I told her that "grammy" & I didn't fit in the other bed, so she settled on sleeping with "grammy"), so we had to get stuff from T & D's room.
* Princess helped Bug get ready for bed, including a new diaper (she won't change poopy ones, but wet ones are fine), read her a story, and got her tucked in.
* Mom got herself ready & into bed.
* Princess & I played some cards while I was going back & forth w/D about taking Firefly (in their room, of course).
* Sent Princess to bed.
* Read until I finally got a slight knock on my door around 1045p, was told she was just giving D the "death stare" and not going to sleep, so she decided to just take her downstairs.
* Climbed in bed, and promptly fell asleep.
* Mom took both the girls down to the cafe and they brought me my mocha when they came back up.
* We had a very "chill" morning; I got internet for the room so Princess could work on a homework project she brought with her.
* Bug played and watched t.v. and "read" her books.
* Lunch was quick & easy, then another hour or so of quiet time for Bug while Princess finished her homework, & mom packed.
* We all went down to the pool; stayed a bit too long as Princess got a little red on her shoulders.
* Back up to the room for a snack and some reading, while mom took care of our travel docs.
* Over to D's room for a little visit, then dinnertime.
* On the walk to dinner (two blocks), Bug was telling us all about where all the airplanes were going (we could see SFO from the water). My favorite commentary: "That one is going to land, then go to Pasco, then go to KUBLACON!"
* Benihana for dinner -- Bug was "OOoooh"ing and "Coo-uhl"ing as well (her way of saying "cool").
* Got D food to go, walked back to the hotel, gave D her food, tracked down T, let Bug say goodnight (she opted to sleep in our room again).
* Mom wanted to have brunch with us all before she left, but T told her he wasn't going to be up that early and since he only sees Corey & Manny once a year, he wanted to do their regular later brunch. Mom was kinda upset... Oh, well.
* After fighting Princess about her pajamas, Bug finally settled down and let Princess read her a book. About halfway through, Bug was asleep (as was mom).
* Princess & I played cards for a bit, then we went to sleep ourselves.
* After the usual morning, mom finished packing up and left.
* Bug "helped" Princess & I pack up, then we tracked down T & D.
* Had final food - brunch - in the cafe with the whole crew.
* D went back work, and T handed Firefly over while he finished packing up.
* Princess & I said our goodbyes at 1p, and headed back to the airport on the shuttle.
* We were home by 715p.
It was a great trip. I probably never would have taken the girls to the city by myself... not that I couldn't have, just that I am not comfortable travelling to places I don't know. I hadn't been to the city in almost 15 years (maybe more?).
I also really like Mer, Corey, their kids, & Manny. This is a great group and they've made me feel as if I'm family. If I'm ever in their areas, I'm thinking I won't need a hotel! :D
Next year, it looks as if D's mom will be accompanying T & D on this adventure, but I'll make sure the weekend is free, anyway, just in case...