Thursday, May 27, 2010

On Our Way

First, let me mention that, since my last post, "Father of the Year" has called Princess almost EVERY night. He didn't call her while she was at my mother's one night (hmmm, perhaps 'cuz he knows she probably won't answer her phone?), another he called past the approved time (after 730p, she is on bedtime routine; he knows this), and yet another she was in the shower & it was after 730p when she got out.

Last night, I made sure she returned his (two) missed call(s), and that she let him know we were headed out of town for the long weekend. He probably won't call while we're gone, but who knows? And, I do wonder, is he actually trying to be better about regularity, or is he just making up for going 51 days without calling...? Either way, I think she's getting tired of the every night call, and may ask him at some point very soon to just make them once a week. We'll see.

Second, as I said, Princess & I are headed out of town for the long weekend. As we did last year, we are "kid-wrangling" for T & D. This year, the newest addition (whom I will from here on out refer to as Firefly) is joining the trip (she's about 5 weeks now), but I think D is "wearing" her most of the weekend. Mom, too, is joining us this time around, which should make things interesting.

Looks like the Bay Area's weather is supposed to cooperate, and, as we are planning on being outside most of Saturday, this is great! Not sure of other plans, but that's okay; at least we have our own room this time. I am just about done packing (have a couple loads of laundry to finish first), and except for last minute items (toothbrush, hair brush, etc), we are ready!

Oh, and we're trying out a "doggie camp" this time for the fuzzy babies, so Ace doesn't have to worry about them being left alone at home for too long. The woman we're taking them to has 40 acres that backs up to a major forest, and her property includes a pond and a creek! Dogs should have a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment