First addition -- our new niece, Firefly (hahaha -- no? How about glow worm?):
* She's finally here! She was born, about a week late, April 20th, and weighed in at just over 9lbs, 1oz (big babies run in our family -- she was only 2 oz more than my own birth weight), and was 19 3/4" long.
* As far as I can tell, the girls look so much alike, the only major difference is the fact that she has dark hair, and Bug had (and still has) blondish red hair. From what I see in photos and hear from blogs & status updates, Bug adores her sister. Unfortunately, we won't be able to meet her until the end of May...
Second addition -- our new floors & kitchen:
* We have decided against the recycled glass/concrete countertops for ONE reason -- too much lead time. I cannot wait 10-12 weeks AFTER my new cabinetry is installed to have my countertops made. So, we decided on "Black Rocks" by Caesarstone. We got a rough estimate from Costco's website, and will have another company do a second estimate next week; then we'll compare the two.
* Flooring company rep is coming over Tuesday morning to take measurements. We'll probably get the bedrooms, hallway, and living room done asap, and have a temporary transition piece put in where the new flooring meets the dining room... and finish the dining room & kitchen AFTER the kitchen is completely redone.
* Our last bit of stuff to decide on was the kitchen sink & faucet. We decided to go with traditional stainless steel, but with a modern twist -- it's an undermount, 10" deep, and has almost perfectly square edges (very industrial looking). The company we're getting it from has a package deal with the faucet we like, a soap dispenser, the drain parts, and drying racks for the sink's interiors.
* So, now, after we meet with the flooring company, we need to start looking for a general contractor. I have a few recommendations from good friends & a co-worker, but we're starting with Home Depot, because they have the cabinets we're getting.
Again, if you'd like photos, and don't have access to my FB albums, let me know. I can actually send you a link to view the photo album, even if you don't have a FB account! :)