Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Very Close To Home

I watch the news in spurts... I'll watch for a few weeks or so, then stop for a while, then go back to watching. During my daughter's trip to Australia, I stopped watching. Yesterday, I found out something I'd missed: the janitor from Princess' grade school was shot & killed by the cops last week. I found a couple of stories on different local news' websites: This one from KGW.COM, and this one from KPTV.COM

While I am, of course, upset that this even happened (he was always really nice to the kids, knew most of them by name, etc -- btw, he was still employed by HSD when he died), I am glad that no one else got hurt. This could have been so much worse. He could have shot people in his neighborhood, gone to any number of local businesses & hurt those people... hell, this could easily have happened at Princess' school!

So, I post this blog as a reminder to get help for your problems. There is no reason to go it alone. There are counselors, doctors, & support groups that are out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment